In honor of Masturbation Monday, I have decided to skip ahead in my A to Z sex blog series and share with you the letter M.
Masturbation is simply sexual stimulating your own genitals for pleasure usually to the point of orgasm. There are many ways to masturbate, you can use your hands or fingers, everyday objects like the pulsating water from a showerhead or sex toys like a vibrator. There is so much that can be said about masturbation but in this post, I am going to address just two areas, the benefits of masturbation and masturbating with your partner.
Did you know that masturbation can be more than just fun that there are actual health benefits as well? I am going to share a few with you but be sure there are many more.
- Masturbation relieves stress for both men and women by releasing oxytocin, a hormone that makes you happier and helps with depression.
- Masturbating works as a natural sleep aid. Leading up to climax your body produces the hormone dopamine and afterward oxytocin along with endorphins which can help you fight insomnia naturally.
- Women who experience regular orgasm have a greater resistance to coronary heart disease and less chance of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Masturbation or orgasm can be a natural pain reliever. It also helps in relieving cramps in women during their menstrual cycles.
- Masturbation helps flush out bacteria from the cervix in women and lowers chances of getting a urinary tract infection.
- Regular ejaculation in men causes sperm to be more healthy. Research has shown that the sperm quality and quantity increases the more a man ejaculates.
- Men who ejaculate more than 5 times a week are 1/3 less likely to have prostate cancer because it flushes the toxins out of the urogenital tract.
- Regular ejaculation in men helps prevent erectile dysfunction.
When most people hear the word masturbation they usually think of it as a solo activity. Masturbating was something you did to get yourself off before you met your partner but what if I told you that masturbating with your partner could also be a great way to spice up your sex life and find out more about each other. At first, you might feel a little vulnerable sharing such an intimate act with your partner. You might worry about what you look like, the faces you make while touching yourself or the moans that might slip through your lips but trust me once you relax you might find the experience to be quite sexy. In fact one of the things I am most turned on by is watching my husband pleasure himself and seeing him shoot his load.
By watching your partner touch himself/herself you do more than get an erotic show you can see how your partner likes to be touched and what turns them on. How does your partner stroke himself? Does he rub his testicles or run his fingers over his nipples as he touches himself? Does she prefer rubbing her clit or sliding her fingers or a toy inside herself when she masturbates? This is where you should be paying attention and learning how best you can please your partner in the future. By sharing this intimate moment with each other you and your partner increase your trust with one another and are one step closer to having a more happy and fulfilling sex life.